[MPlayer-users] SVN issues

Ivo ivop at euronet.nl
Sat Jul 1 10:06:16 CEST 2006

On Saturday 01 July 2006 07:33, Ergzay wrote:
> On 2006/07/01, at 1:14, Ergzay wrote:
> > Now that mplayer has switched to SVN I'm finding myself missing some
> > features. I was used to CVS showing every directory it was updating
> > (or something along that line), even if nothing got updated and for
> > any file that had been modified it showed an M next to it for
> > modification and the ? for any files that it didn't know about. Is
> > there a way I can display these for when I update using SVN?
> > Also, how do I revert back to the original copy on the server? There
> > was an SVN option I used before but it only removed changes to files.
> > It did not remove any extra files that had been added to the
> > directories. I would like to be able to do this.
>
> An added two questions I forgot to ask. Is there a way to use
> compression like the -z option on cvs? The current way of downloading a
> full tree takes a very long time.

Subversion does not implement wire compression. It is possible when
subversion is run over http, but there are no plans to have mplayerhq run
subversion as an apache plugin.

> Is there a .cvsrc similar file for svn?

~/.subversion/config

> For most of these questions I have tried looking in the svn help and
> man pages but to no avail.

Have a look at DOCS/tech/svn-howto.txt. Most of the stuff you asked about is
in there (svn status, et cetera).

--Ivo