[MPlayer-users] Bicubic scaling in vo_gl - does it ever work?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat Jul 1 16:19:48 CEST 2006

Hello,
On Sat, Jul 01, 2006 at 04:31:32PM +0400, Vladimir Mosgalin wrote:
>  On 2006.07.01 at 13:07:44 +0200, Reimar D?ffinger wrote next:
> > At least this should be fixed (though the problem appeared for me only
> > sporadically).
>
> (just checked in svn) so you meant it's already fixed ;)
> Yes, surely it is. Works even with lscale/cscale like charm.

Um. Yes. Didn't realize how easy to misunderstand that was ;-)

> Any reasons to use yuv=4 or yuv=2 if I don't experience any speed
> problems with yuv=3?

No.

> I must say, manpage has nice explanations, but
> really misses statement like "for best quality and most features, try
> them in the order ...., and stop when you'll get enough speed"

Well, if I knew a clear order... For the features is would be 1 or 5, 2
and then everything else. For speed 1 and 5 should be fastest, 4 is
slower than 2, everything else depends on your graphics card, driver,
relationship of graphics memory throughput / latency / GPU speed.
So basically it's the usual way: choose one at random until satisfied,
and I don't want to add that to the man page :-P

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger