[MPlayer-users] Re: MPlayer on osx

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 13:54:14 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 7/6/06, Bruno <brunovern.a at gmail.com> wrote:
> OK, thanks for your answer.
>
> The documentation (http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/macos.html#osx_gui)
> isn't very clear to me :
>
> First it asks to build main and main_noaltivec and then configure.
> But I thought that "build" meant "configure & make & make install", I am wrong ?

Yes and no.
build is "make" but it requires to run "configure" before. Install is
done by "make install" but it's not a required step.

> Or should I build main and main_altivec and then configure mplayerosx module ?
> It would make sense, but the doc says to go to the mplayerosx only at the very
> end, to do a "make dist".
>
> "export MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.3"  shouldn't it be 10.4 ??
>
> I feel like I am very close to succeed, thanks.

I'll look into this. I honestly haven't tried to reproduce building
MPlayerOSX, so I don't know how everything is supposed to work.
Meanwhile, you can fetch the .dmg of pre8 if you want:
http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/MPlayerOSX_1.0pre8.dmg

Guillaume
--
"Bald guys never have a bad hair day."