[MPlayer-users] Re: MPlayer on osx

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 10:08:01 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 7/6/06, Bruno <brunovern.a at gmail.com> wrote:
> OK, thanks for your answer.
>
> The documentation (http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/macos.html#osx_gui)
> isn't very clear to me :
>
> First it asks to build main and main_noaltivec and then configure.
> But I thought that "build" meant "configure & make & make install", I am wrong ?
>
> Or should I build main and main_altivec and then configure mplayerosx module ?
> It would make sense, but the doc says to go to the mplayerosx only at the very
> end, to do a "make dist".
>
> "export MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.3"  shouldn't it be 10.4 ??

I've just tried yesterday, without ever setting
MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET, and it did build the .dmg file without any
problem.
I haven't tried to install it yet (as I'd like to be able to remove
the existing version of MPlayerOSX before installing a new one).

I guess MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET is useful to build packages that can
be installed on both .3 and .4 version of OSX. Not too sure though. I
haven't found much relevant information as to why we should care about
MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET.
I'm putting MplayerOSX's maintainer in CC so that he can hopefully
clear this up for us.

Guillaume

Guillaume
--