[MPlayer-users] Re: JPEGs converted to video on a DVD: mplayer and xine issues

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Sat Jul 8 18:49:23 CEST 2006

Reshat Sabiq wrote:
> Corey Hickey <bugfood-ml <at> fatooh.org> writes:
>> - your mencoder command line
>> - mencoder and mplayer output
>> - sample files
>
> If i do file a bug, i'd have to send in a mini-DVD.
> There is a work-around that
> i just discovered a couple days ago: if i generate .mpeg from the 3 images and
> the 1st mpeg that follows them, then the issue in Linux viewers (mplayer, and
> xine) goes away.
> But if i let ImageMixer on Windows write the album to DVD as
> is:
> 1) mplayer chokes on the image-based chapters, and thus skips about 45 secondss,
> and thereafter sound is delayed
> by about 5 seconds.
> 2) xine works fine, but skips display of the first 2 jpegs.
>
> Given all this, the issue might be in ffmpeg.
> Before i log a bug, is there a way
> to send in a dummy mini-DVD along w/ the bug?
> I mean, it's not like mplayer and
> xine both have an office to send it to, or do they?

What happens if you do something like this (of course, alter the file
names and such appropriately):
# mount -t udf /dev/dvd /dvd
$ mplayer dvd://1 -dvd-device /dvd/VIDEO_TS

That should behave pretty much the same as playing the DVD directly. If
so, then you can safely tar up the entire VIDEO_TS directory and submit
it as per the bug reporting guidelines. If you don't have enough
upstream bandwidth to upload such a large file, though, I can't really
help you.

-Corey