[MPlayer-users] howto using mailing-lists

Martin Collins martin at mkcollins.org
Sun Jul 9 00:18:55 CEST 2006

On Sat, 8 Jul 2006 22:04:07 +0200
Tomi <ashrack at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2. When I receive
> a reply to my topic, do I just press the reply button in my email
> or what??

You should press the 'reply all' button then check where the mail
will be sent. Some mailing lists will set To: to the individual poster
and Cc: to the list, some will do it the other way round, some will
reply only to the list.
The best policy (for you) is to reply only to the list unless an
individual invites you to email them personally.

Also, when replying, put your response *below* the edited version of
what you are replying to.

More etiquette here:
 http://www.gweep.ca/~edmonds/usenet/ml-etiquette.html

Martin