[MPlayer-users] Possible bug in -vo jpeg and -vo png

Jason Pfeil jason.pfeil at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 04:10:13 CEST 2006

RC,

I tried to use mencoder to multiplex the audio and video and got the
exact same results.  :-(  Things are perfectly in sync before the
troublesome section and then the sync is gone.  Here are the mencoder
commands I used:

# This creates the .m2v file from a bunch of .pngs in the current directory
mencoder "mf://*.png" -mf fps=24000/1001:type=png -of rawvideo -ovc
lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg2video:vbitrate=10000:aspect=16/9 -o
test.m2v

# This multiplexes the .m2v file with the .ac3 file, producing a .mpg
file as output
mencoder -audiofile test.ac3 -rawaudio
format=0x2000:bitrate=128:rate=48000:channels=6 -audio-demuxer
rawaudio -ovc lavc -oac copy -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg2video:vbitrate=10000:aspect=16/9 -of mpeg -mpegopts
format=mpeg2:vbitrate=10000:vframerate=24000/1001 -noskip -vf harddup
-o test2.mpg test.m2v

In answer to your question about whether I have framedrop enabled in a
config file, then why would it only drop frames in these spots where
little to nothing is changing?  Wouldn't frames be dropped elsewhere?

Here is my personal .mplayer/config file:
# Write your default config options here!
vo=xv
ao=alsa

This is the only place where the string "frame" appears in my
systemwide config file -- note that it is commented out:
# Drop frames to preserve audio/video sync.
#framedrop = yes

Thanks!

--Jason