[MPlayer-users] Possible bug in -vo jpeg and -vo png

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Wed Jul 12 23:41:24 CEST 2006

Jason Pfeil wrote:

> Reimar,
>
> On 7/12/06, Reimar Döffinger
> <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:
>
>> Hello, On Tue, Jul 11, 2006 at 09:36:10PM -0400, Jason Pfeil wrote:
>
>> AVI can store duplicate frames as NULL frames that are not decoded
>> at all and thus do not produce any image. For mencoder -vf harddup
>> might be a fix, but I don't think it will work with mplayer. Also
>> when using AC3 with -oac copy consider using -mc 0 -noskip, since
>> AC3 tends to create A-V sync problems.
>
> Is it possible to use mencoder to explode the .avi into the
> individual PNG frames where I can use -vf harddup?

MEncoder, no, but you can do it with MPlayer - see '-vo png'. There are
a number of other image-file output formats there as well, but PNG
should probably be sufficient.

(...unless I'm missing something significant about you're trying to do -
which something tells me is the case, but I'm not being able to see what
it might be.)

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.