[MPlayer-users] Copying backup dvds?

Stefan Sassenberg stefan.sassenberg at gmx.de
Wed Jul 19 10:32:01 CEST 2006

Rich Felker wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 18, 2006 at 01:07:35PM +0200, Stefan Sassenberg wrote:
>> Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
>>> Hi,

>> For a simple copy you can just use
>> mencoder dvd://<track> -ovc copy -oac copy -o track.avi
>
> This will almost never work due to soft telecine and other issues.

Well, it usually works for me, don't know why, but I don't even know
what soft telecine is.

Anyway, yesterday I tried to follow Guillaume's advice and used "mplayer
dvd://track# -dumpstream -dumpfile track.vob" to copy a track to disk
preserving all languages and subtitles. Then I tried "mplayer track.vob
-alang de" to play it, but it played the original language, not de. How
can I get my language out of the vob?

Stefan