[MPlayer-users] Re: How to encode an ogg with mplayer?

Stephan Seitz nur-ab-sal at gmx.de
Thu Jul 20 10:00:15 CEST 2006

On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 01:18:53AM -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
>fine-grained seeking, lack of any decent standard for language tags
>(so it's hard to have a player auto-select language), poor error

What do you mean with this? Should the id tags contain language tags as
in xml, so the player would know that this word is English and this word
is Japanese?

>recovery, ... Yes it "mostly works" for audio only files and I
>wouldn't flame someone for using it in the case of audio-only with
>vorbis audio just because it's the "standard" container for vorbis.

I don’t have problems to switch containers as long as I can play it. ;-)
And of course I want the same tagging abilities.

I mean, I have a iRiver player with Rockbox as OS. I don’t think it can
open the better container.

Shade and sweet water!

	Stephan

--