[MPlayer-users] Problems with running MPlayer at command line in Windows

Rob Hymus rhymus at rogers.com
Thu Jul 20 17:49:32 CEST 2006

I am trying to extract .JPG images from video files by running the following
command:

/"program files"/mplayer/mplayer -ss 5 -frames 1 -vo jpeg -nosound
d:\testvid\video1.wmv

When I run the command at d:\ I get the error in the image posted:

When I run the command in the folder where the movie file is, I get the
needed *.jpg files outputted in the folder where the movie file is.

In the root folder, if I change the command to output as *.png files, the
command runs with no error, but puts the files in the root folder where I
run the command from not the folder where the movie file is.

Am I running mplayer correct, or is there something I am missing.

My goal is to run mplayer from the root, create jpg images as screenshots
and have them placed in the folder where the movie file originates from.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob Hymus