[MPlayer-users] some DVDs play and others don't

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Sun Jul 23 05:11:31 CEST 2006

On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 13:55:10 +1200
Adam <ahcnz at ihug.co.nz> wrote:

> Compile the codecs ?
> Where could you point me to further info on these and their sources ?

MPlayer is a monolitic app.  The program and it's codecs are compiled
together, in one go, into one big file.  I'm mostly interested in having
you compile-in libmpdvdkit2 (default), instead of using external
libdvdread+libdvdcss.

The docs about compiling are linked to on the download page:
http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/design7/dload.html
There it also tells you about getting sources from Subversion (SVN).