[MPlayer-users] Best mac / windows format?

Ismael Valladolid Torres ivalladolidt at terra.es
Thu Jul 27 10:03:51 CEST 2006

Nico Sabbi escribe:
> this will generate an avi with a .mpg extension; moreover the encoding
> options are very basic,
> so quality will probably suck until you fine-tune them; in every case
> the most widespread
> format is mpeg1, not mpeg2

Also it must be kept in mind that Windows media players don't have
MPEG-2 enabled by default and that usually a commercial DVD player is
to be installed so codecs for this format are available.

Windows Media Player is able to play very few formats without the need
of downloading new codecs or DirectX filters.

For maximum default compatability I'd go for an Indeo codec if this is
available on Quicktime.

Cordially, Ismael
--
When I grow up I will go there.