[MPlayer-users] NVidia, getting cvidix to work, TV-Out possible?

Sebastian Kemper sebastian_ml at gmx.net
Sun Jul 30 13:43:35 CEST 2006

Hi all,

usually I use my monitor for small vids on my computer, but for longer
movies I'd like to use the tv-out of my NVidia GF4. I think normally
it's only possible to use it through NVidia's binary drivers. But I
won't "taint" my kernel so there's got to be either another way or I
can't use the tv-out.

When I boot my Gentoo box without framebuffer support I can see the
console displayed on my tv. Now I searched the docs of mplayer and I
found the cvidix driver. It says nothing about tv-out, hence my
question: Will the movie be displayed on my tv, too, if I get cvidix
to work?

Thanks all
Sebastian