[MPlayer-users] Problems streaming wmv9 files since Pre7 -> Pre8 upgrade

Tom Kirkpatrick tom at kirkdesigns.co.uk
Wed Jun 21 23:16:49 CEST 2006

On 21 Jun 2006, at 22:01, Guillaume POIRIER wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 6/21/06, Tom Kirkpatrick <tom at kirkdesigns.co.uk> wrote:
>

>> > Works fine here with SVN version. Please make sure you don't
>> have an
>> > old codecs.conf lying around, and that you eventually don't have
>> a too
>> > old version of the win32 codecs package.
>> >
>> Can you play this on a framebuffer?
>
> I never set up my box to allow framebuffer, so I imagine I can"t...
> though I just quite frankly don't know what it would take (maybe I
> should read the docs?).
>
> One thing that has changed though is the code that handles VESA. It's
> been moved to vesautils: http://www.mplayerhq.hu/vesautils/
>
> Your problem may be there....

I do (or I did when I was using Pre7) rely on VESA to drive my
framebuffer.

I remember having to patch Pre7 when I installed it. The patch was
the one mentioned at http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/stable/
multimedia/mplayer.html (http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/
downloads/6.1/MPlayer-1.0pre7-kernel_2.6-1.patch).

what is vesautils...
has support for VESA been removed from Pre8?