[MPlayer-users] Building MPlayer Fails

Klaus Müller mk.2001 at web.de
Fri Jun 23 02:31:42 CEST 2006

Ivan Kowalenko schrieb:

> Part of the problem is that if I don't include those "silly configure -
> options" then I lose a substantial amount of the libraries I wish to
> compile in. If I'm compiling SVN, but I'm losing x264, then I really
> could care less. I might as well just download a binary.

That's what I get with a plain ./configure:

  Enabled optional drivers:
    Input: ftp network tv mpdvdkit2 vcd
    Codecs: qtx x264 xvid libdv libavcodec faad2 faac libmpeg2 libdts liba52 mp3lib libtheora speex tremor(internal) libmad liblzo gif  twolame
    Audio output: esd sdl mpegpes(file) macosx
    Video output: sdl gif89a md5sum pnm jpeg png mpegpes(file) caca aa opengl xv x11 xover tga macosx quartz
    Audio filters: ladspa
  Disabled optional drivers:
    Input: vstream tv-v4l2 tv-v4l live555 cdda dvdnav dvdread dvb smb
    Codecs: opendivx amr_wb amr_nb real xanim musepack toolame
    Audio output: sun alsa openal jack polyp arts oss dxr2 nas
    Video output: xvidix winvidix cvidix bl zr zr2 dxr3 dxr2 vesa fbdev svga ggi xmga mga dga xvmc directfb tdfx_vid s3fb tdfxfb 3dfx
    Audio filters:

Most of these extra libraries I've installed just for curiosity, to see
if it works, I didn't actually use them.

> Problem is that I'm not specifying one or two libraries, I'm specifying
> whole directories full of them. Also, with exception to mentioning the
> /Developer headers, I've used these libraries before. I've updated some
> of them (like x264), but for the most part, they've never given me any
> problems.

Fink (/sw) and Darwinports (/opt), I assume.
I have these too and configure detects their contents automatically.
I'm not too familiar with BSD and Linux yet, so I can't explain why
this works for me but not for you.
Maybe different environment variable settings.

mk