[MPlayer-users] DVD Subtitle issues (...cont'd)

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Sat Jun 24 21:40:33 CEST 2006

After I dumped a chapter of it with a subtitle scene in question, I came
to this opinion (and a remembering - sort of).

in the dump I can play the sid 8 and there's exactly the subtitle I
want. If i do it on the DVD, there's another subtitle track shown (apart
from the different color palette, of course). The dump though has no
multi-angle anymore (since dump dumps only the contiguous bits needed to
play one angle...), which might be of influence here.

If I remember correctly, it could be that I couldn't play this thing
correctly in older versions either, but had to use the dumped, instead,
so the hint with the pre7-version has to be forgotten, sorry, my bad.

I can upload the sample, but it's 100 MB in size, if there's any
interest in it. Of course it is lacking multi-angle, but there's no way
dumping the VOB directly from disc and decoding it (at least that I know
of...)

cheers,
Alex