[MPlayer-users] Why won't MPlayer play my DVDs?

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Wed Mar 1 01:49:22 CET 2006

On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 19:41:05 -0500 (EST)
"Andrew A. Gill" <superluser at frontiernet.net> wrote:

> Clues?

Nope, so far, so good.  How about the verbose output of mplayer trying
to play that disc...

> >> But I have no clue how to  install the new firmware unless I use
> >> Windows.
> >
> > Usually there's a dos-based flash tool, which you can put on a
> > DOS boot floppy.  DR-DOS boot disks are freely available, as is
> > FreeDOS.
>
> You try running DOS on a non-x86 system (namely, DEC Alpha).

Then Windows won't help you either, as I'm sure manufacturers aren't
making AXP firmware-flashing programs.

I know it's unfortunate to have to pull out the hardware and hook it
up to a PC, but such is life.  Not that I believe the region is your
problem.