[MPlayer-users] Bug report for mencoder on DVB files...

George Styles ripnetuk at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 15:11:17 CET 2006

Hi,

I have found a bug (assert failure) in mencoder.

It would be good if someone could fix it, or alternatively tell me how to
disable mmx2 support, as the error message implies the bug only hits in mmx2
optimized version of the code... ive tried compiling with --disable-mmx2 but
it still says its compiling with mmx2 optimization :(

Info:

1. I am using CVS 20060301 of both MPLayer and ffmpeg. It also happens in
the old version I was using (20051013) so the bug has been in at least since
then.

2. I compiled with the following options:
./configure --enable-largefiles --cc=gcc32 --enable-debug=3

3. I have divX support.

4. The command which bombs out is

mencoder bad.nuv -oac mp3lame -lameopts mode=2:cbr:br=128 -vf scale=320:240
-sws 2 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vhq:vbitrate=256 -ffourcc DIVX -o
out.avi

5. The video comes from UK Freeview DVB via a DVB card running on MythTV.
The vast majority of video obtained this way encodes fine (used on a Mobile
phone on tcpmp), but recently ive been getting a few files that fail to
encode, with the following message:

Pos:  20.8s    478f ( 0%) 65.35fps Trem:  12min 104mb  A-V:-0.080 [270:128]
1 duplicate frame(s)!
VDec: vo config request - 544 x 576 (preferred colorspace: Planar YV12)128]
VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 0)
Movie-Aspect is 1.33:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
mencoder: swscale_template.c:2730: swScale_MMX2: Assertion `lastInChrBuf + 1
- chrSrcSliceY >= 0' failed.
Aborted

6. The input file is around 500megs, but I have used split to chop it up
into 5 meg segments, and identified the problem segment. I have put this on
the web at the following location in case any dev wants an example of a
problem mpeg:

http://files.ripnet.co.uk/brokenseg.mpg

7. Environment is FC4, but IMHO the environment / glibc version / kernel
version is not relevent here, as its a data problem with  handling a certain
file. Please feel free to correct me on this, and I will submit other info.

Many thanks in advance :)

George Styles