[MPlayer-users] Mplayer OS X will not compile on Mac OS X 10.3.9

Ergzay ergzay at everyoneproductions.com
Fri Mar 3 03:51:25 CET 2006

On 2006/03/02, at 8:16, Guillaume POIRIER wrote:

> Hi,
> Here's Nicolas' answer.
>
> As you'll see, if you want to compile with 10.3, you're all alone. I
> suggest you take the project from older xcode versions (just check out
> older versions of the project file if the new ones overwrote it), and
> modify it so that it works with 10.3.
>
> Guillaume

>>> 10.3.9
>>> system. The makefile relies on the xcodebuild from 10.4 and its
>>> options
>>> not the version from 10.3.9. This is what comes out.
>>>

> Its been a while since i tried to compile mplayerosx on 10.3 but im
> pretty sure that project from xcode 2.x
> are not compatible with xcode 1.5. Thanks apple. I dont think there
> is a workaround for this.
>
> Sorry

Well in that case the documentation should probably be updated to say
that it can be only compiled on 10.4. Also there are a few
inconsistencies in the build instructions in the mplayer manual and in
the install.txt in mplayerosx which should probably resolved.

Ergzay