[MPlayer-users] Bug report for mencoder on DVB files...

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 19:44:59 CET 2006

Hi,

In the future, please do not reply off-list (your problem and the
eventual solution may interest some others) and please do not
top-post: http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html and
http://linux.sgms-centre.com/misc/netiquette.php

On 3/3/06, George Styles <ripnetuk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sadly there are other problems in these files as well that trigger the bug,
> even when the -vfm ffmpeg switch is enabled. Just for background, I have
> been using mencoder for ages on UK DVB files with no problem, so it must be
> either signal dropout, or a change at the broadcaster.
>
> I have uploaded another sample file which breaks it to
> http://files.ripnet.co.uk/badseg2.mpg
>
> thanks for your attention :)

I've tried your file, but it doesn't trigger any crash here (AMD64).
Your sample is clearly broken, therefore there's no much hope to
magically reconstruct the corrupt information. However, if there's any
crash, the least we can do is avoid it.

Guillaume
--
Reinventing the wheel certainly is annoying, but as long as all other
wheels are square...

Reimar Döffinger