[MPlayer-users] Playing multiple video in fullscreen mode

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Mon Mar 6 19:16:28 CET 2006

On Sun, 05 Mar 2006 23:11:35 -0500
The Wanderer <inverseparadox at comcast.net> wrote:

> This does always not work correctly, for me, with videos which are of
> different resolutions; some (I believe "most") of the time, if the new
> video is of larger resolution than the first, only a chunk of it the
> size of the first one is displayed, and if the new video is of smaller
> resolution than the first, bright blue bands are displayed in the
> formerly blank areas.

I just tested it.  I don't have any problem with videos that are
larger or smaller.  I do see a bit of a problem when the videos are a
slightly different aspect ratio... there I get blue bands, etc.  That is
only with -vo xv, though.  With -vo gl (which I normally use) everything
works perfectly.

You can also make the blue bands are black with something like:
  "-colorkey 0x000000 -vo xv:ck=set"

> If in fact -fixed-vo is supposed to be able to handle multiple videos
> with different resolutions cleanly even when playing in fullscreen,
> then I'd like to know what sort of information should go in a proper
> bug report about this type of problem;

Probably just a few small sample files, the command-line you use,
some info about your video hardware/Xorg version, etc.  Basically enough
to reproduce the problem.

Then again, maybe it's not something that is entirely fixable.