[MPlayer-users] Frame save

Phil Oleynik Oleynik.Phil at mail.ioffe.ru
Wed Mar 8 12:12:26 CET 2006

Hello all!

Is there any way to save a frame that is displayed RIGHT NOW,
to a file with automatically selected filename? PNG, JPEG or XBM.
This is not critical, and uncompressed formats are even more
preferred since my computer is not too fast. The key question
is how to save exact frame, during frame-step mode or normal play.
I tried to use -vo png -frames # -ss ###, but this gives terrible
time misplacement errors, even if N of frames is a couple of dozens.
Moreover, this is really tiresome, is one need more than one
frame.
I looked in input.conf, there is an action "g grab_frames" and
"KP_ENTER screenshot". Even two actions, neither working.
I have created them basing on -input cmdlist and -input keylist.
Or, maybe I've read a manual upside down, then please, point
the line, where it is written how to do it right.

Phil

PS since I use overlayed -vo xv, common screenshoooters give
a green rectangle. Using -vo x11 or similar non-overlayed -vo's
is impossible since CPU is slow as drunken snail.