[MPlayer-users] Frame save

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Wed Mar 8 17:20:28 CET 2006

Phil Oleynik wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> Is there any way to save a frame that is displayed RIGHT NOW, to a
> file with automatically selected filename? PNG, JPEG or XBM.

I don't believe so, no. The last time that i remember something like
this being discussed, the -vf screenshot filter was committed to allow
capturing screenshots on the fly - but it captures,not the currently
displayed frame, but the *next* frame. This is allegedly a result of
architectural limitations, and would be difficult or impossible to work
around.

> I looked in input.conf, there is an action "g grab_frames" and
> "KP_ENTER screenshot". Even two actions, neither working. I have
> created them basing on -input cmdlist and -input keylist. Or, maybe
> I've read a manual upside down, then please, point the line, where it
> is written how to do it right.

If the 'screenshot' command is what I think it is, then it will be bound
to 's' by default, and will function only if '-vf screenshot' has been
loaded. Again, it will save out the *next* frame, not the one which is
currently displayed. This is in the man page; search on "screenshot",
both in the INTERACTIVE CONTROL section and the VIDEO FILTERS section.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.