[MPlayer-users] MPlayer won't show .vobsub subtitles if its first timestamp is negative

chat chattoimprove at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 11 08:21:34 CET 2006

Hi there,

  well, I'd like to report a bug that MPlayer still not handle it, that's when there's a negative sign in the .idx file of a .vobsub subtitle, e.g -00:00:00:900, then MPlayer could not show the .vobsub subtitle.

The following link is an example how MPlayer could not show .vobsub subtitles when its beginning timestamp is negative. The following vobsub subtitle could be shown by using Windows Media Player or other media players, but could not be shown by using MPlayer.

http://d26.yousendit.com/D/1Z9W3O9X5YYRS2C31GB68H20BD/Subtitles%20that%20won't%20show.rar

Please handle this bug.

Next, when showing .vobsub sutitles, MPlayer always ignores the custom colors we set our own, and displays differently from the colors we set it to be. Other media players don't have such a problem, and displays which color we set it to be.

for example, the following .vobsub subtitle, when playing with other media players, it displays in GREEN, but with MPlayer, it displays in WHITE, totally different from what subtitle color we want it to be.

http://d36.yousendit.com/D/3LH16HJXMGD5D04O81X3ZXXYGL/sub.rar

Best Regards,
JC