[MPlayer-users] [BUG] vidix + dhahelper broken in cvs

Sun Mar 12 03:46:28 CET 2006

Current cvs compiles without a hitch, but then I experienced a problem -
vidix isn't working anymore. I.e. it is working when running as root,
but dhahelper + svgalib_helper combo no longer works. On a quick
inspection, it looks like dhahelper's map_phys_mem(), which actually
makes a use of svgalib_helper is called AFTER the vidix gets "probed",
so without privileges it just fails pci scan during probing and
dhahelper's part is never reached. Dunno how it worked before, but
something was definitely different. I'll try to pull older cvs and hope
it will work, because right now vidix is basically unuseable unless
running mplayer with root privileges.

IMHO the problem is entirely in vidix/drivers/radeon_vid.c

gcc 4.0.2-8.fc4 (tried also with 3.2), kernel 2.6.14-1.1653asp, svgalib
1.9.24 (btw, current svgalib_helper shipped with the mplayer's rpm
doesn't compile on fc4's 2.6.14), radeon 9800 (fglrx),
radeon_vid vidix driver.

--

Vladimir