[MPlayer-users] [BUG] vidix + dhahelper broken in cvs

Sun Mar 12 04:30:57 CET 2006

Hi To MPlayer-users mailing list!

 On 2006.03.12 at 05:46:28 +0300, Vladimir Mosgalin wrote next:

> gcc 4.0.2-8.fc4 (tried also with 3.2), kernel 2.6.14-1.1653asp, svgalib
> 1.9.24 (btw, current svgalib_helper shipped with the mplayer's rpm
> doesn't compile on fc4's 2.6.14), radeon 9800 (fglrx),
> radeon_vid vidix driver.

Hm, futher investigation shows that maybe it's bug in my system, not in
mplayer :-/

I compiled an older version that definitely worked, and now it doesn't.

I've updated my system to asplinux 11 (think of it as of fc2/3 -> fc4
update). I don't remember if mplayer worked right after that, I wanted
to rebuild it with shiny new gcc 4.0.2, like the rest of the system.

kernel was updated from 2.6.12 to 2.6.14. svgalib_helper module compiles
and loads without a problem. I've found an older mplayer binary, it
doesn't work too now (no wonder, libdha and radeon_vid.so are loaded
dynamically). There is no extra copy of libdha or vidix drivers messing
in my system.

Can somebody with good understanding how vidix/libdha/svgalib_helper
work all together enlighten me on this situation? Something is
definitely wrong, and I've haven't got any more clues. Please, I need
help.. Running mplayer under sudo isn't a solution, and I can't use xv
driver because its quality really sucks with fglrx.

--

Vladimir