[MPlayer-users] Yet Another RTC-thread

Vincent Lönngren bice77 at malmo2.net
Tue Mar 14 20:11:23 CET 2006

Hi.

I've read the FAQ, browsed through the list archives and googled around,
and I actually think I've encountered something that's not described
there. It simple enough to start with:

Failed to open /dev/rtc: Device or resource busy (it should be readable
by the user.)

The permissions of /dev/rtc is crwxrwxrwx root:audio, and I'm a member
of the group audio.

/proc/sys/dev/rtc/max-user-freq is set to 1024.

Even running mplayer as root doesn't work.

The system is Debian testing system with Linux 2.6.15. I'm aware that
this is not a big problem, and movies will play anyway, but it just
can't be right.
--
Vincent Lönngren <bice77 at malmo2.net>