[MPlayer-users] Problems accessing DVD

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Fri Mar 17 21:49:25 CET 2006

Jorge Fábregas wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm trying to play an unencrypted DVD with Mplayer but I'm having
> problems doing it. I'm using SUSE 10 and I'm using
> MPlayer-1.0pre7try3-1

There is no such MPlayer version. Unless you've made at least one typo
above, whoever packaged MPlayer for your system apparently decided to
make up a version number, and probably grabbed a random CVS snapshot and
stuck the new version number on that.

Regardless, the standard advice holds true: please try the latest CVS;
if it still fails, check configure.log for DVD-related checks which may
have failed; when posting output from MPlayer, do not snip any of it,
but copy and paste the entire text output.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.