[MPlayer-users] Minor feature request: Option not to exit on EOF

Alexander Roalter roalter at cs.tum.edu
Sat Mar 18 20:29:09 CET 2006

On Sat, 2006-03-18 at 20:28 +0200, Ville Herva wrote:
> As a side: I don't suppose there's a plugin to normalize the pitch of the
> sound when playing back faster speed? I realize that if the sound is played
> back at 1.33x, it "naturally" sounds 1.33x higher, but I suppose it would be
> possible to post process the pitch back to normal level?

There should be a plugin for this, search this mailing list for it (it
might have been mentioned almost half a year ago though), but I'm not
familiar with it (although I definitely plan on doing something soon
with it, since I want to be able to play all my PAL-DVDs at 24 fps with
the correct pitch. Usually Studios don't do pitch-correction, so playing
it with -speed 0.96 is fine, but for example the Lord of the Rings
movies have pitch correction (with a somewhat not that good result on
the first film :( ), so there has to be another pitch-correction,
otherwise the voices would sound too low)

It is definitely a separate plugin neither included in 1.0pre7 nor in
current CVS, and handling these modules is something I've never
attempted before, so I don't know how difficult it will be.

hth(a little),
Alex