[MPlayer-users] Can't watch Streaming QT or WM9 video in Firefox

Robert Kennedy amtor at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 19 16:01:41 CET 2006

I am trying to get mplayer to play streaming QT and WM9 vidoes within
firefox.  I have installed the codecs, mplayer 10 pre7 and the firefox
mplayer plugin.

I configured the plugin so that WMV and QT is emabled.  I deleted
$HOME/.mozilla/pluginreg.dat  and restarted firefox.

But when I do a "about:plugins" in firefox, I don't see WMV and QT listed in
the mplayer plugin.  (I see other codecs listed)

What am I doing wrong?  Does mplayer looks for the codecs in a special
place?

Rob