[MPlayer-users] MPlayer hangs playing 'Sony Pictures' DVDs.

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 18:46:24 CET 2006

Hi,

On 3/19/06, Robert Kennedy <amtor at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to get mplayer to play streaming QT and WM9 vidoes within
> firefox.  I have installed the codecs, mplayer 10 pre7 and the firefox
> mplayer plugin.
>
> I configured the plugin so that WMV and QT is emabled.  I deleted
> $HOME/.mozilla/pluginreg.dat  and restarted firefox.
>
> But when I do a "about:plugins" in firefox, I don't see WMV and QT listed in
> the mplayer plugin.  (I see other codecs listed)
>
> What am I doing wrong?  Does mplayer looks for the codecs in a special
> place?

You are posting to an unrelated thread to begin with. If you're too
lazy to compose a mail with a subject that sums up what your problem
is, I don't see why we should make an effort to help you.
What's more, your problem seems more related with mplayerplugin, which
is a different project than mplayer. You should ask for help there.

Guillaume

--
Reinventing the wheel certainly is annoying, but as long as all other
wheels are square...

Reimar Döffinger