[MPlayer-users] unable to get any playback (video_out problem?)

Yevgeniy Medynskiy ym66 at cornell.edu
Wed May 3 05:54:52 CEST 2006

>> I've tried using different -vo options, but nothing seems to do it.
>
> Which options? And what are you using on your display adapter? I mean,
> are you in terminal mode? X11? etc.

I'm X. If I run -vo help I get:
Available video output drivers:
         fbdev   Framebuffer Device
         fbdev2  Framebuffer Device
         vesa    VESA VBE 2.0 video output
         cvidix  console VIDIX
         null    Null video output
         mpegpes Mpeg-PES to DVB card
         yuv4mpeg        yuv4mpeg output for mjpegtools
         tga     Targa output
         pnm     PPM/PGM/PGMYUV file
         md5sum  md5sum of each frame

I've tried fbdev (same errors as before), fbdev2 (just messes with the
video card), and vesa (no luck either). The others don't seem relevant...

> Have you tried remuxing the file?
> # mencoder -ovc copy -oac copy -o output.avi <input.whatever>

Just tried that, but didn't help... It doesn't want to play any file,
even those that I'm sure play on MPlayer on my debian machine...

Cheers,
Eugene