[MPlayer-users] Re: Moderate some users

Stephan Seitz nur-ab-sal at gmx.de
Wed May 3 10:39:10 CEST 2006

On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 10:16:39AM +0200, Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
>> >  I don't think politeness should be mandatory,
>> > either.
>I do not agree here. I do think that politeness is the least we can
>expect from a public mailing list.
>I'm quite confident that this is one of the rules of usenet....

I doubt it (at least not the groups I’m reading). Especially because
there is no definition of politeness all people will agree on.

Always remember:
No one can make you feel uncomfortable without your permission.

So if you get angry, it’s your own fault.

>(given that we already expect ppl to conform to "technical" points of
>usenet such as plain text mails, bottom posting, creating a mail
>without replying to unrelated theads, I don't think asking ppl to be

Technical points are quite easy to control. There are RFCs.

As a reader only I would vote no as well.

Shade and sweet water!

	Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz                    E-Mail: Nur-Ab-Sal at gmx.de |