[MPlayer-users] Mencoder: No sound on recorded video

Storm storm at tux.org
Mon May 8 13:25:01 CEST 2006

On Sunday 07 May 2006 21:17, RC wrote:
> On Sun, 7 May 2006 19:56:39 -0400
>
> Storm <storm at tux.org> wrote:
> > Can anyone point me in the right direction to figure out where I'm
> > losing  sound switching from OSS to ALSA?
>
> Your "Line" AND "Capture" devices both have to be turned up, and set as
> "Captur" in alsamixer.  Common problem.

Aha. I had line turned up, but capture was not. I have both set at about 2/3
of the way up in kmix, however the capture is not adjustable in alsamixergui
and doesn't appear in alsamixer. I click the slides in the gui, but the
levels do not adjust.
--
--Brad
Bradley M. Alexander                       |