[MPlayer-users] mplayer buggy or the file

Sandip Khara indiansandip at gmail.com
Tue May 9 20:30:33 CEST 2006

Hi,
I think that you are not able to download the sample. I had given you the
direct link to the file. Due to some limitation of my free web account the
file is not downloadable from direct link. You need to go to my page. So you
go to my page directly and download it. The address of my page is
http://sandipcoolproject.tripod.com . Please dont hesitate. There you will
find nothing else except the download link. I think the movie sample is
important to track a bug. So please download it. Please dont think it as an
advertisement of my site.

Some steps to find the problem :-
1) Play the file from first to last and see the problem.

2) Again play the file. After the video problem try to rewind or forward to
the good portion using the cursor keys and see if the problem recovers.

3) Again play the file and try to skip the bad portion using the cursor keys
and see if there is any more problem.

You will see that mplayer is not able to recover from the problem after
encountering it. But xine is able to recover by dropping the bad frames.
Xine reports frame dropping in a pop up message box. You can try it on xine.

Some body of you told me that ---- "Looks like yet another libmpeg2 crash,
while -vfm ffmpeg handles it perfectly."