[MPlayer-users] Re: mplayer buggy or the file

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Wed May 10 09:45:06 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 5/9/06, Sandip Khara <indiansandip at gmail.com> wrote:

[..]

> You will see that mplayer is not able to recover from the problem after
> encountering it. But xine is able to recover by dropping the bad frames.
> Xine reports frame dropping in a pop up message box. You can try it on xine.
>
> Some body of you told me that ---- "Looks like yet another libmpeg2 crash,
> while -vfm ffmpeg handles it perfectly."

I can't test your sampe right now, but did you test decoding with
latest CVS version of mplayer? I you haven't, please do (intructions
are available at the bottom of our download section).

is worth a damn unless backed up with enough genuine information to
make him really know what he's talking about.