[MPlayer-users] cvs build problem

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Fri May 12 13:36:47 CEST 2006

Antonio wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 5/11/06, Sebastian Krämer <spambouncer at skraemer.de> wrote:
>
>> Antonio wrote:
>>
>>> Hi to the list,
>>>
>>> I'm experiencing a problem building the current CVS on debian
>>> etch. After configuring, the make command gives this error:
>
> [cut]
>
>> I suspected to be something wrong with the italian version of
>> help_mp.h (sorry Roberto and PaulTT *g) but even with --language=it
>> it does compile fine here..
>> The only thing I can think of though is that you try to compile the
>> english version. Don't know if that is of any help but.. who
>> knows?
>
> Yep! Compiling only with english support I have no such error, many
> thanks for the hint!
>
> So there is a problem with the italian translation. If someone wants
> more information (apart from the attachment in the first mail) to
> track this issue I'll be glad to help.

This seems very implausible to me, given that the failure message
complained about errors on lines 1453 and 1455 of help_mp.h but the
Italian version of that file is only 1435 lines long. In order for this
to be the problem, something would have to be giving gcc an incorrect
idea of the line number of the header file; this is not uncommon in my
experience when using #ifdef, but that by its nature *reduces* the
apparent line number rather than increasing it. Is there anything else
which might produce this type of effect?

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.