[MPlayer-users] cvs build problem

Sebastian Krämer spambouncer at skraemer.de
Sat May 13 03:22:35 CEST 2006

The Wanderer wrote:
> Antonio wrote:
>
>> Hi,

>> [cut]
>>
>>> I suspected to be something wrong with the italian version of
>>> help_mp.h (sorry Roberto and PaulTT *g) but even with --language=it
>>> it does compile fine here..
>>> The only thing I can think of though is that you try to compile the
>>> english version. Don't know if that is of any help but.. who
>>> knows?
>>

>> Yep! Compiling only with english support I have no such error, many
>> thanks for the hint!

:)

>> So there is a problem with the italian translation. If someone wants
>> more information (apart from the attachment in the first mail) to
>> track this issue I'll be glad to help.
>

> This seems very implausible to me, given that the failure message
> complained about errors on lines 1453 and 1455 of help_mp.h but the
> Italian version of that file is only 1435 lines long. In order for this
> to be the problem, something would have to be giving gcc an incorrect
> idea of the line number of the header file; this is not uncommon in my
> experience when using #ifdef, but that by its nature *reduces* the
> apparent line number rather than increasing it. Is there anything else
> which might produce this type of effect?

Well, I was wondering about the line numbers too -- at first. Fact is
that not all messages are translated  :(  Run ./help_diff.sh
help_mp-it.h < help_mp-en.h in main/help to see what I mean. Also, make
fills help_mp-it.h with these messages too. No idea which message is
then at lines 1453 and 1455 though.

I had compiling issues once because of some unicode-brokenness on my
system. Using --charset=ISO-8859-1 configure option fixed that. Antonio,
you might try this (or something similar for you charset) and see it
that helps.

Sebastian