[MPlayer-users] cvs build problem

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sat May 13 03:48:08 CEST 2006

Sebastian Krämer wrote:

> The Wanderer wrote:
>
>> Antonio wrote:

>>> So there is a problem with the italian translation. If someone
>>> wants more information (apart from the attachment in the first
>>> mail) to track this issue I'll be glad to help.
>>
>> This seems very implausible to me, given that the failure message
>> complained about errors on lines 1453 and 1455 of help_mp.h but the
>> Italian version of that file is only 1435 lines long. In order for
>> this to be the problem, something would have to be giving gcc an
>> incorrect idea of the line number of the header file; this is not
>> uncommon in my experience when using #ifdef, but that by its nature
>> *reduces* the apparent line number rather than increasing it. Is
>> there anything else which might produce this type of effect?
>
> Well, I was wondering about the line numbers too -- at first. Fact is
>  that not all messages are translated  :(  Run ./help_diff.sh
> help_mp-it.h < help_mp-en.h in main/help to see what I mean. Also,
> make fills help_mp-it.h with these messages too.

Ahh, I'd forgotten about that; it would indeed explain it.

> No idea which message is then at lines 1453 and 1455 though.

I just checked; with --language=it and CVS from today, help_mp.h lines
1453 and 1455 correspond to help_mp-en.h lines 1468 and 1470. I don't
see anything wrong with those lines, however...

> I had compiling issues once because of some unicode-brokenness on my
> system. Using --charset=ISO-8859-1 configure option fixed that.
> Antonio, you might try this (or something similar for you charset)
> and see it that helps.

There is a faint possibility that this might indeed help.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.