[MPlayer-users] How to achieve constant quality

Jorge Peixoto de Morais Neto JorgePeixoto at redecasd.ita.br
Sun May 21 10:30:49 CEST 2006

Tools like ffmpeg2theora let you specify the quality you want (instead of a specific bitrate). I think this is the best in my situation (capturing video from a TV board, so it is 1-pass), since I don't need the size to be exact (I wont burn it to a CD or DVD), so demanding a specific bitrate could be wasteful in certain scenes and low quality in others. What is the best way to get constant quality in mencoder? Constant quantizer?

--
Software is like sex: it is better when it is free. --Linus Torvalds