[MPlayer-users] unable to record sound from TV

wim delvaux wim.delvaux at adaptiveplanet.com
Fri May 26 21:31:50 CEST 2006

 Hi all,

I have been using the following command with success

mencoder tv:// -msglevel all=9 -ffourcc XVID -quiet -idx -tv
driver=v4l2:freq=519.25:normid=0:amode=1:volume=90 -endpos 2 -info
name=test -of avi -o test -ovc lavc -oac lavc  -vf pp=lb -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4:keyint=50:acodec=ac3:vqscale=4

to record from my TV card which is plugged in into my sound card on the
line-in

The strange thing is that I *can* hear audio over my speakers so the
connection must be OK.

mencoder says :

Audio : no sound.

Now what does that ACTUALLY mean ?
It cannot open the sound card ?
the sound card does not support recording
the sound card is not enabled to do recording

AFAIK all mixer settings for recording are OK.

Suggestions on how to solve this are welcome