[MPlayer-users] mencoder failing to encode at desired bitrate/filesize

陆然 hephooey at gmail.com
Sun May 28 05:54:42 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Saturday 27 May 2006 21:15, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> If mencoder maxes out below your target bitrate it simply means it doesn't
> need any more bits to encode your video (i.e. using the lowest quantizer).
> There's no point in artificially inflating the bitrate because the quality
> won't increase.

Well, my movie is a little bit simple, (a lot of almost static scenes), but I
don't think for a 720x540 25fps video 8xx kbps will maximize the quality, and
other videos that can be encoded into 1500 kbps are not more complex than
these. I just copied the option for the "Very high quality" in MPlayer's
document for lavc and xvid. Since the same option works for other video, I
don't think the bug is option related.

Today I experienced the bug again, this time I think it's because I inserted a
10 sec static picture in the beginning. and other two 10sec static picture in
the middle of the movie. it is a 720x540 25fps video and I set the bitrate to
1500 but the two pass result still ended up in 8xx.

--
Best Regards,
LR