[MPlayer-users] xinerama full-screen problem, workaround

Michael Holland mplayer at golden.wattle.id.au
Mon May 29 09:12:40 CEST 2006

Reimar [iso-8859-1] Döffinger wrote:

> If you have proper xinerama support, it is a bug.
> So a few questions:
> Are you using the radeon driver in MergedFB mode?

No. That doesn't work so well with different-sized displays.
Just radeon driver, with standard xinerama, laptop + external.
      Option "MonitorLayout" "LVDS, CRT"

> The next thing is, that MPlayer will fullscreen to the size of the
> Virtual Screen, so in case you have your smaller resolution display
> setup in a way that allows you to scroll around, that is the problem.

Thats why I didn't like 'MergedFB' - the smaller screen was a viewport
on a larger virtual desktop.

> Though in none of these cases -xineramascreen 1 should make any
> difference.

Oh well, its not a problem for me anymore, as the '-xineramascreen 1'
fixes it. I'll see if it still happens after the next upgrade.

> So with the two exceptions above, it works for me with the snapshot from
> here at least: http://www.mplayerhq.hu/~rtogni/snapshots, tested with
> both the opensource "radeon" and nVidia's driver.

That one gives the same result.  Forget it for now.

Mike.