[MPlayer-users] Mplayer bug with several files

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Wed Nov 1 00:44:35 CET 2006

Steve Dibb wrote:

> The Wanderer wrote:
>
>> Using SVN is of course a good idea, particularly if you're
>> experiencing problems with release versions, but should not be that
>> absolutely required - most especially not so soon after a release.
>
> I think his point was -- we can't bother with bug reports if you're
> not running the nightly subversion code since changes happen all the
> time.

That might be a reasonable perspective, but it doesn't seem appropriate
to give the same response in that situation as when the report is on a
version more than a year old (which has happened - 1.0pre7try2 turned 1
on August 26th). I'd agree with the use of "stone-age" in that case, and
probably even in the case of 1.0pre8 (released June 11th), but a week
and a half is not in the same category of ancient - no matter how fast
and heavy the development has been in that period. (And, as a long-time
lurker and sometime poster (and occasional contributor) on the
development mailing lists, I can say that it doesn't look that much more
fast-paced around here than usual.)

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.