[MPlayer-users] No cable input from tv card

Nico Sabbi nicola_sabbi at fastwebnet.it
Sat Nov 4 21:09:34 CET 2006

Shocky wrote:

>Thanks for the fast response. I just need a little more info.
>
>The only video related module I was explicitly loading was bttv in
>my /etc/modprobe.preload. There was a line in /etc/modprobe.conf:
>
>options bttv vbibufs=32 gbuffers=32
>
>that I changed to:
>
>options bttv vbibufs=32 gbuffers=32 card=15
>
>and rebooted, but that didn't help. So I tried the following to see which bttv
>related modules were loaded:

[...]
there's still the chance that your tuner is not supported at all;
first of all you should identify the tuner model (usually labelled
under the sticker)

>Do you think loading the bt878 module with the card=15 option would help? Is
>it possible that there is sufficient compatibility between them for it to
>work?

card is a parameter for bttv, as you correctly pointed out

>Any other possibilities you can suggest?

try asking to video4linux mailing list. some other user may have a card
like yours working