Re2: [MPlayer-users] Problems compiling on macbook

Alexander Wehr plasmacutter at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 20:22:16 CET 2006

> On 11/18/06, Alexander Wehr <plasmacutter at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all, I recently aid hands on a 1.83 ghz core duo macbook, and in
>> attempts to compile mplayer from the latest svn came out with some
>> problems.
>>
>> I configured with the --disable -win32 flag since the dll loader
>> seems
>> to be broken in darwin, but still got this error output:
>>
>> cc -c -I.. -Wdeclaration-after-statement -O4 -march=pentium-m
>> -mtune=pentium-m -pipe -ffast-math -fomit-frame-pointer
>> -mdynamic-no-pic -falign-loops=16 -DSYS_DARWIN -DCONFIG_DARWIN
>> -shared-libgcc -arch i386 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk
>> -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE
>> -I/usr/X11R6/include -fomit-frame-pointer -o decode_i586.o
>> decode_i586.c
>> cc -c -I.. -Wdeclaration-after-statement -O4 -march=pentium-m
>> -mtune=pentium-m -pipe -ffast-math -fomit-frame-pointer
>> -mdynamic-no-pic -falign-loops=16 -DSYS_DARWIN -DCONFIG_DARWIN
>> -shared-libgcc -arch i386 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk
>> -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE
>> -I/usr/X11R6/include -o decode_MMX.o decode_MMX.c
>> {standard input}:91:Unknown pseudo-op: .balign
>> {standard input}:91:Rest of line ignored. 1st junk character
>> valued 49 (1).
>> {standard input}:163:Unknown pseudo-op: .balign
>> {standard input}:163:Rest of line ignored. 1st junk character
>> valued 49 (1).
>> make[1]: *** [decode_MMX.o] Error 1
>> make: *** [mp3lib/libMP3.a] Error 2
>>
>> Since both of these are essential for the proper operation of
>> mplayer,
>> I have to ask if anyone has a "solution for dummies" a-la this page:
>
> http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/news.html
>
> As the news entry that announced RC1 clearly stated:
> Furthermore we can now run natively on Intel Macs (you just have to
> pass --disable-win32 --disable-mp3lib to configure),
>
> --
> With DADVSI (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DADVSI), France finally has
> a lead on USA on selling out individuals right to corporations!
> Vive la France!

What that means is no mp3 support... (and yes, I tried it out after
making it with mp3lib disabled)

I would hardly call mplayer functional on intel macs when the vast
majority of video and media files have mp3 audio. Does anyone have a
way to fix this, if so can you offer step by step instructions for
applying the patch?