[MPlayer-users] Wonderful Player

Edward Dunagin edunagin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 20:20:25 CEST 2006

On 10/10/06, Corey Hickey <bugfood-ml at fatooh.org> wrote:

> >> The option was added more recently than 1.0pre8 was released. If you
> >> build mplayer from current SVN you'll have it.
> >
> > thanks corey, but i have a problem. i did a google and found an svn file
> > but is had an .mo extension..i never heard of this not did google tell
> > me much.
>
> I think you must not know what SVN is. :)

my corey, how did you guess that? <BG>

> SVN is short for subversion, which is the name of the program the
> mplayer project uses to handle the source code. Whenever we make a
> change to mplayer, we store it in the subversion repository. In between
> releases, checking out the source from subversion is the only way to get
> the latest changes. For instructions, see:
>
> http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/dload.html#svn

but i'm still stumped:=(.  i used the command :svn checkout
svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk mplayer in a root terminal and
then when that did not work, i put it in the firefox address
space..that did not work either. i cound not see another place to put
it in....so, please bear with me.