[MPlayer-users] Transparency question

Nikolay Ananiev ananiev at thegdb.com
Tue Oct 17 14:25:17 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm new to the MPlayer community. I'm a graphic designer and
I want to create a new skin for the players GUI. Howerver I
encountered a serious problem - from what I've read the only
transparency that I can use is the one with the #FF00FF color
but this only gives me one level of transparency similar to the
GIF transparency. Is there any way to use the full capabilities
of the PNG format with it's own alpha channel so that I can
create more complicated things with multiple level of
transparency? Is there a way to do this or should we expect
it as a new feature in the future versions of the product?