[MPlayer-users] mplayer and FC5

Kevin H. Phillips kh-phillips at 9-5usa.org
Tue Oct 17 20:06:06 CEST 2006

I'm new to Mplayer; I just downloaded and installed from rpms under
Fedora Core 5.  I downloaded Mplayer so I could play .wmv files.  I am
using Mplayer with the GUI.  When I try to play the file I get the
following message:

Error opening/initializing the selected video_out (-vo) device

I read the part in the documentation about re-setting prelinks.  Would
that cure the problem or is this something else?

If you need more information, please let me know what else you would
need to diagnose this.

Thanks very much,
Kevin